What is the Youth Commission?
The Youth Commission allows young people between the ages of 14 – 25 years old support and challenge the work of the Police and Crime Commissioner and Leicestershire Police enabling young people to become a part of the solution, rather than being seen as part of the problem.
Youth Commission key documents:
Purpose of the the Youth Commission
The Youth Commission aims to give young people across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland a real partnership role in shaping the future of policing and crime reduction in their areas by:
- Planning and getting involved at events: Working in a team to design and plan events to engage with other young people in the area. As well as getting involved in community Policing events.
- Gathering the views of other young people: Carrying out peer research with other young people in schools, colleges, universities and youth groups.
- Reporting back to the Police and Crime Commissioner and providing suggestions for the delivery of the Police and Crime Plan 2017-2021: Contributing towards the analysis of information gathered from young people and helping to present back conclusions to the Police and Crime Commissioner.
Who can apply?
This role is open to anyone aged 14-25 years who will be good team players, will be committed to the project and willing to do all the activities involved.
We’re looking to ensure that the Youth Commission is made up of a diverse group of young people who broadly reflect the make-up of the local population, including those who may have direct experience of the police and justice system.
What will I get from being part of the Youth Commission team?
- You will have the opportunity to discuss issues with the Police and Crime Commissioner: Say what young people think about police and crime in their area.
- Meet new people: You will gain skills in social research, which you will be able to put on your CV for work or application to Further or Higher Education.
- Be an ambassador to other young people: Give a voice to young people in your area.
- Volunteer certificate
- Help you to build up your CV
How much time?
This is a flexible role and hours (in amount and when) are subject to local agreement.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.