Police and Crime Commissioner Complaints

The Police and Crime Panel has responsibility for recording all complaints against the Police and Crime Commissioner (and any Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner, if appointed).

A record of the number of complaints received can be found by following the link below:


From 15 June 2020 the management of the Police and Crime Panel changed from Leicestershire County Council to Leicester City Council.  The Panel has delegated responsibility for the initial handing of such complaints to the Monitoring Officer of the Host Authority.

If you wish to make a complaint about the Commissioner please contact:

Monitoring Officer
Leicester City Council
City Hall
115 Charles Street
LE1  1FZ

Email:  monitoring.officer@leicester.gov.uk

If the complaint is of a serious nature, it will be referred to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.  Other complaints will be looked at by the Panel, who may engage with the complainant and the person complained about in an informal resolution process.

A record of complaints is held by the Police and Crime Panel - summary information can be found on our List & Registers page with a link to the relevant papers: